How to keep my dog from chewing himself raw, is it skin allergies?
House Ad

Dog Channel
Rules-Read First    Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Home » All About Dogs » Dog Health » How to keep my dog from chewing himself raw,... Join the Club

How to keep my dog from chewing himself raw,... Expand / Collapse
Author

Junior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior Member

Group: Forum Member
Last Login: 5/2/2012 7:44:33 PM
I think my dog has a skin disorder. I use Frontline plus & vaccuum regularly. He hahot spots on his inner front legs & paws. What can I do to keep him from making himself covered in scabs?
Post #65830
Posted 5/2/2012 8:20:07 PM

Senior MemberSenior MemberSenior MemberSenior MemberSenior MemberSenior MemberSenior MemberSenior Member

Last Login: 11/21/2013 1:10:23 PM
its probably an allergy. food or environmental, but likely food. what do you feed? if its low end, try gradually switching him to something w/o corn. dont feed him colored dog food- thats sugar and other garbage filler. diamond naturals is what we feed- chicken and rice- and thats a fairly inexpensive way to feed decent dog food.
for now, try wrapping it and or spraying it with a chew deterrent like bitter apple or something similar

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog.    - ambrose bierce

Post #65831
Posted 5/3/2012 5:17:28 AM

MemberMemberMemberMemberMemberMemberMemberMember

Last Login: 6/11/2012 7:29:32 AM
Diamond has a number of recalls right now, so I would stay away from anything made by Diamond.

JENNY
Post #65834
Posted 5/8/2012 6:01:57 AM

Junior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior Member

Last Login: 6/6/2012 6:12:30 AM
My vet's dog had allergies and the dog dermatologist had the pooch switch to Trifexis for flea & tick protection. It's a pill. I did that for my pooch. Mine continues to lick his paws. I've tried all kinds of things. Am currently trying derma paw. Found it online, it's all natural. I have to say my dog likes it and it does relax him. At their website they show you how to make suspenders for socks (to keep them on). My dog complies (which is very surprising).
Post #65853
Posted 5/8/2012 2:23:21 PM

Senior MemberSenior MemberSenior MemberSenior MemberSenior MemberSenior MemberSenior MemberSenior Member

if you go to the diamond web page, they have a map of affected areas in the states and a list of their affected food. they have been very forthcoming with information about the recall. i havent and wont switch my dogs from diamond until my state is blue on the map and my dog food is listed- complete with the affected lot numbers and expiration dates. people are freaking out about this, when NO dogs have died or gotten sick as a result.  calm down, do your homework. there are and have been dog food recalls frequently in the past, all varieties of brands. although i do feed diamond naturals, im not endorsing for any reason other than its pretty decent dog food for the price. i just get irritated when people freak out because of something they heard but havent followed up on with any legit data. 

Post #65856
Posted 5/8/2012 4:53:22 PM

MemberMemberMemberMemberMemberMemberMemberMember

Last Login: 6/11/2012 7:29:32 AM
riverchic (5/8/2012)
if you go to the diamond web page, they have a map of affected areas in the states and a list of their affected food. they have been very forthcoming with information about the recall. i havent and wont switch my dogs from diamond until my state is blue on the map and my dog food is listed- complete with the affected lot numbers and expiration dates. people are freaking out about this, when NO dogs have died or gotten sick as a result. calm down, do your homework. there are and have been dog food recalls frequently in the past, all varieties of brands. although i do feed diamond naturals, im not endorsing for any reason other than its pretty decent dog food for the price. i just get irritated when people freak out because of something they heard but havent followed up on with any legit data.
No dogs yet, but there are a number of people who have been hospitalized over it.

JENNY
Post #65857
Posted 6/26/2012 8:26:25 PM

woah, i just saw this. anyway, that doesnt make any sense. why would people get sick from dog food? too much antibacterial stuff goin on out there probably

Post #65966
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Reading This Topic Expand / Collapse
Active Users: 1 (1 guest, 0 members, 0 anonymous members)
No members currently viewing this topic.
Forum Moderators: Admin, Suprafa, rainsmom, dc-moderator, DFKmod, Community Moderator, Assistant Moderator

Permissions Expand / Collapse

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 8:52pm