Dog Channel Logo

Profile Picture

Scabs on the inside of my dog's ear?

Posted By DogTrainer123 3 Years Ago
Author
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Member (50 reputation)Member (50 reputation)Member (50 reputation)Member (50 reputation)Member (50 reputation)Member (50 reputation)Member (50 reputation)Member (50 reputation)Member (50 reputation)

Group: Forum Member
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
My dog has little bumps/scabs on the inside of his ear that dont have any smell and dont seem to be bothering him at ll. They are not covering the inside of the ear but are concentrated to one area on only one ear. They are pinkish in color and do not have any discharge. Any ideas?

Wolfie
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (414 reputation)Senior Member (414 reputation)Senior Member (414 reputation)Senior Member (414 reputation)Senior Member (414 reputation)Senior Member (414 reputation)Senior Member (414 reputation)Senior Member (414 reputation)Senior Member (414 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Does your dog have fleas? Is your ear cleaner or shampoo causing discomfort? Have you noticed any ticks in your dogs ears? These are just a few things that might be causing it. I know that when horses get scabs in their ears you can usually spray bactine on them. Maybe you could try that on your dog? It could also be just dry winter skin, maybe.

DogTrainer123
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Member (50 reputation)Member (50 reputation)Member (50 reputation)Member (50 reputation)Member (50 reputation)Member (50 reputation)Member (50 reputation)Member (50 reputation)Member (50 reputation)

No, he doesnt have fleas or ticks. I put some lotion/vaseline on his ears for a few days and that seemed to help it. Thanks for the advice!

woleary
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (293 reputation)Senior Member (293 reputation)Senior Member (293 reputation)Senior Member (293 reputation)Senior Member (293 reputation)Senior Member (293 reputation)Senior Member (293 reputation)Senior Member (293 reputation)Senior Member (293 reputation)

What breed of dog is it? Are the ears red or inflamed? Are the ears dirty? Does he scratch at his ears a lot? I am asking wondering if he has some sort of ear infection.

most of the time scabs are from the dog scratching at his ears. Then comes the question why was he scratching. Allergies, ear infection, fleas, etc