Scabs on the inside of my dog's ear?
House Ad

Dog Channel
Rules-Read First    Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Home » All About Dogs » Dog Health » Scabs on the inside of my dog's ear? Join the Club

Scabs on the inside of my dog's ear? Expand / Collapse
Author

Junior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior Member

Group: Forum Member
Last Login: 2/16/2011 3:58:22 PM
My dog has little bumps/scabs on the inside of his ear that dont have any smell and dont seem to be bothering him at ll. They are not covering the inside of the ear but are concentrated to one area on only one ear. They are pinkish in color and do not have any discharge. Any ideas?
Post #63380
Posted 2/10/2011 9:36:23 AM

MemberMemberMemberMemberMemberMemberMemberMember

Last Login: 3/17/2013 9:58:44 AM
Does your dog have fleas? Is your ear cleaner or shampoo causing discomfort? Have you noticed any ticks in your dogs ears? These are just a few things that might be causing it. I know that when horses get scabs in their ears you can usually spray bactine on them. Maybe you could try that on your dog? It could also be just dry winter skin, maybe.

Post #63397
Posted 2/16/2011 3:59:50 PM

Junior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior Member

Last Login: 2/16/2011 3:58:22 PM
No, he doesnt have fleas or ticks. I put some lotion/vaseline on his ears for a few days and that seemed to help it. Thanks for the advice!
Post #63442
Posted 3/13/2011 4:18:59 PM

MemberMemberMemberMemberMemberMemberMemberMember

Last Login: 3/29/2011 8:53:32 PM
What breed of dog is it? Are the ears red or inflamed? Are the ears dirty? Does he scratch at his ears a lot? I am asking wondering if he has some sort of ear infection.

most of the time scabs are from the dog scratching at his ears. Then comes the question why was he scratching. Allergies, ear infection, fleas, etc
Post #63638
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Reading This Topic Expand / Collapse
Active Users: 1 (1 guest, 0 members, 0 anonymous members)
No members currently viewing this topic.
Forum Moderators: Admin, Suprafa, rainsmom, dc-moderator, DFKmod, Community Moderator, Assistant Moderator

Permissions Expand / Collapse

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 12:52pm