What Are Your Dog-World Predictions?
House Ad

Dog Channel
Rules-Read First    Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Home » Dog Channel Central » DOG FANCY Extras » What Are Your Dog-World Predictions? Join the Club

What Are Your Dog-World Predictions? Expand / Collapse
Author

DogChannel.com Moderator

DogChannel.com ModeratorDogChannel.com ModeratorDogChannel.com ModeratorDogChannel.com ModeratorDogChannel.com ModeratorDogChannel.com ModeratorDogChannel.com ModeratorDogChannel.com Moderator

Group: Administrators
Last Login: 5/4/2011 2:09:02 PM
In the October issue of DOG FANCY, experts offered their predictions for next 40 years in the dog world. Now we want to know what you think!

Will dogs be allowed in every workplace? Will puppy mills cease to exist? And what effect will advances in human medicine have on veterinary medicine and how we care for our dogs?

-DogMod

Post #62111
Posted 8/4/2010 5:16:24 AM

Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Group: Peer Moderator
Last Login: 6/18/2012 8:30:53 AM
Will dogs be allowed in every workplace? NO

Will puppy mills cease to exist? Sadly no although I wish they would!

And what effect will advances in human medicine have on veterinary medicine and how we care for our dogs?  It will probably help extend the lives of dogs, but unfortunatly only the rich will be able to afford it! I have seen it happening already. The prices of vet care is raising so fast and their are so many people out there that cant even afford medical care for themselves let alone for their pet.

Post #62119
Posted 8/4/2010 7:09:43 PM

Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Group: Forum Member
Last Login: 6/19/2012 9:58:03 PM
hmm.. well id think that there will be more pet-friendly working places anyways.. seeing as it seems like things are just getting more "pet friendly" lol

puppy mills? well i guess that would depend on your definition of a puppy mill.  Unless dog breeding becomes illegal (which to be honest Im worried about) I think there will always be some irresponsible dog breeders. but I think there will be less of them. 

and as for better vetrinarian medicine. i think absoulubtly   I mean there is tons of people out there that im sure are very passionate about finding cures and medicine to problems with dogs and other animals too

Poppy- 'Schnoodle'
Luna- Belgian Malinois
Rainvear- Border Collie

Post #62124
Posted 6/24/2011 1:31:43 PM

Junior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior Member

Group: Forum Member
Last Login: 6/27/2011 4:54:50 AM
Sadly, Puppy Mills will alway be around. It's the way of the world, exploitation for profit. Honestly, the onl real hop of ending puppy mills, is for people to stop buying the puppies! But they won't. They have typically have a set breed & if they're cheap...why not?!  I'm always happy when I see someone get a rescue OR the breed of their choice through a REPUTABLE breeder. Always ask to see the parents and tour the home. If that's not an option....WALK...better yet RUN away!

Post #64184
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Reading This Topic Expand / Collapse
Active Users: 1 (1 guest, 0 members, 0 anonymous members)
No members currently viewing this topic.
Forum Moderators: Admin, Suprafa, rainsmom, Janice, dc-moderator, DFKmod, Community Moderator, September Morn, Assistant Moderator

Permissions Expand / Collapse

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 6:11am