How to feed an emaciated dog???
House Ad

Dog Channel
Rules-Read First    Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Home » All About Dogs » Dog Health » How to feed an emaciated dog??? Join the Club

How to feed an emaciated dog??? Expand / Collapse
Author

Junior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior Member

Group: Forum Member
Last Login: 2/19/2010 10:37:14 PM
I ask this question because I just moved to Guam, a US territory that doesn't view animals the way the States do. There are more emaciated dogs on this island then I've ever seen in my life. The sad part is most of them have owners but the owners chain them up in the corner of their yards, on 3ft long leashes and don't feed them and don't give them water. I've put dog food in my car to feed the starving dogs I can see but I'm afraid to over feed them! I know that can cause more damage to them. Has anyone nursed a starving dog back to health before?

Please, please check out my blog - there are pictures so you can see the condition of the dogs and know that I'm not exaggerating when I say they are emaciated. Also, if it's not to much trouble, please follow my blog - I'm trying to get a good following so that maybe someone with some power will take notice!

Please, visit us at - saveguamsdogs.blogspot.com

Post Attachments 
DSCN1714.JPG (77 views, 382.18 KB)
Post #60115
Posted 2/18/2010 5:19:37 AM

Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Group: Peer Moderator
Last Login: 6/18/2012 8:30:53 AM
I would just give them small amounts of food at first and slowly increase the amount thet get. for example a dog that should normaly eat 4 cups I would give them 3/4-1 cup at first. Good luck.

Post #60116
Posted 2/18/2010 5:42:43 AM

MemberMemberMemberMemberMemberMemberMemberMember

Last Login: 2/27/2010 3:59:46 PM
That is so sad and kudos to you for trying to help. I hope someone does take notice and changes the laws to protect the animals. I agree with the previous post probably a little less than a cup at a time to start with a couple of times a day.

Puppy Care tips, tricks, and techniques.
Post #60117
Posted 2/18/2010 10:10:06 AM

Senior MemberSenior MemberSenior MemberSenior MemberSenior MemberSenior MemberSenior MemberSenior Member

Last Login: 6/29/2010 9:39:46 AM
Poor things! Im not sure how to nurse an emaciated dog back to health, I just wanted to say thank you for helping them!

DoggieVogue.com Fashionable Dog Clothing & Accessories Dog Clothes | Dog Collars | Dog Toys
Post #60119
Posted 2/19/2010 10:39:54 PM

Junior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior Member

Last Login: 2/19/2010 10:37:14 PM
Thank you all for your replies and advice! I hope I'm not over feeding!! I've been giving at least a cup. I just feel so bad for them and it's hard not to want to give them lots of food!
Silly me forgot to put my blog name on my post - it's saveguamsdogs.blogspot.com - please stop by for me details on the problem!

Thanks again!

Please, visit us at - saveguamsdogs.blogspot.com
Post #60124
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Reading This Topic Expand / Collapse
Active Users: 1 (1 guest, 0 members, 0 anonymous members)
No members currently viewing this topic.
Forum Moderators: Admin, Suprafa, rainsmom, dc-moderator, DFKmod, Community Moderator, Assistant Moderator

Permissions Expand / Collapse

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 7:44am