Dog People You've Gotta Know
House Ad

Dog Channel
Rules-Read First    Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Home » Dog Channel Central » DOG FANCY Extras » Dog People You've Gotta Know Join the Club

Dog People You've Gotta Know Expand / Collapse
Author

DogChannel.com Moderator

DogChannel.com ModeratorDogChannel.com ModeratorDogChannel.com ModeratorDogChannel.com ModeratorDogChannel.com ModeratorDogChannel.com ModeratorDogChannel.com ModeratorDogChannel.com Moderator

Group: Administrators
Last Login: 5/4/2011 2:09:02 PM
To kick off DOG FANCY's 40th anniversary celebration, the January 2010 issue features 40 of the most influential people in the dog world -- from master trainers to renowned dog artists to rescue group founders to researchers on the cutting edge of canine health.

Think we missed someone big in dogdom? Let us know here!

-DogMod

Post #59065
Posted 11/20/2009 3:24:03 PM

Junior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior Member

Group: Forum Member
Last Login: 11/21/2009 6:20:51 PM

I was surprised that one of the people not on the list was the legendary dog trainer, Frank Inn.  Frank's relationship with dogs is an example of how a human dog relationship should be.  Frank Inn was an ambassador for shelter dogs.  Frank was able to take a dog from the shelter, and train it to become one of the greatest animal actors of all times, Higgins/Benji.  Later Frank Inn would train future dogs to take of the role of Benji.  Not only did Frank use his gift with dogs, he trained other animal actors as well.  Like the legendary dog training family, the Weatherwax's, Frank played a huge role in dog training.  Dogs didn't just benefit from the relationship, but Frank did as well.  Dogs helped Frank through challenges life brought him.

Post #59131
Posted 11/25/2009 10:23:16 PM

Junior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior Member

Last Login: 11/25/2009 10:15:17 PM
What about the individual or individuals that started the well renowned Best Friends Animal Sanctuary in Utah?
Post #59166
Posted 11/30/2009 8:35:04 AM

DogChannel.com Moderator

DogChannel.com ModeratorDogChannel.com ModeratorDogChannel.com ModeratorDogChannel.com ModeratorDogChannel.com ModeratorDogChannel.com ModeratorDogChannel.com ModeratorDogChannel.com Moderator

Last Login: 5/4/2011 2:09:02 PM
On behalf of Diana Tinkley, she would have liked author Dean Koontz to have been mentioned in our list of 40 Dog People You've Gotta Know for his continued charitable work with animals and novels written about them.

-DogMod
Post #59203
Posted 12/9/2009 5:06:37 PM
DOG FANCY Editor

DOG FANCY EditorDOG FANCY EditorDOG FANCY EditorDOG FANCY EditorDOG FANCY EditorDOG FANCY EditorDOG FANCY EditorDOG FANCY Editor

Last Login: 12/9/2009 5:03:00 PM
DOG FANCY reader Julie Trombley says we should have included Robert Hutchison, D.V.M., one of the best in the field of canine reproduction.
Post #59351
Posted 12/9/2009 5:08:15 PM
DOG FANCY Editor

DOG FANCY EditorDOG FANCY EditorDOG FANCY EditorDOG FANCY EditorDOG FANCY EditorDOG FANCY EditorDOG FANCY EditorDOG FANCY Editor

Last Login: 12/9/2009 5:03:00 PM
Another reader, Patricia Doran, wrote to DOG FANCY to say we should have listed Patie Ventre, founder of the World Canine Freestyle Organization. I think Patricia's right: We should have!
Post #59352
Posted 1/3/2010 7:58:04 PM

Last Login: 1/3/2010 7:56:02 PM
Under Dog Training, you should have included Victoria Stilwell who promotes positive reinforcement dog training in her show "It's Me or the Dog" on Animal Planet. I am a pet trainer and I love her show. I have learned so much from her and how I can better help the pet parents and their dog(s). When the pet parents come back to visit and tells me how the methods have worked with their dog(s), it really gives you a good feeling inside.

Marg R.
Post #59534
Posted 1/4/2010 6:52:51 AM

MemberMemberMemberMemberMemberMemberMemberMember

Last Login: 4/9/2010 9:27:59 AM

I agree! That was the first person who I looked for and she wasn't there! I watch all her shows and I love how she uses positive reinforcement. I've learned so much from her show!

Adopt a Dog, Save a Life...

Don't Breed or Buy
While Shelter Pets Die
Post #59538
Posted 1/4/2010 10:19:23 AM

Last Login: 1/1/2011 9:09:27 PM
How could you possibly miss the Monks of New Skete??

They've authored Books, made videos, had their own TV show,  provide on site training and have a waiting list a decade long for their German Shepherd Dog Puppies.

Their methods are humane and they work. The dogs understand what is expected of them, without any hocus pocus.

I think they should've been in the top 3 !

Train, Dont Complain!

Post #59543
Posted 1/5/2010 11:27:42 AM

Last Login: 1/5/2010 11:23:55 AM
I'm a HUGE Fan of Greg Kleva.  He hosts 'It's A Dog's Life' on Martha Stewart Living Radio, Sirius XM - every Thursday night.  Takes live calls and helps owners with their dogs behavior and training questions.

He also has a Facebook Fan Page

Post #59557
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Reading This Topic Expand / Collapse
Active Users: 1 (1 guest, 0 members, 0 anonymous members)
No members currently viewing this topic.
Forum Moderators: Admin, Suprafa, rainsmom, Janice, dc-moderator, DFKmod, Community Moderator, September Morn, Assistant Moderator

Permissions Expand / Collapse

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 12:47am