Have You Tried Dog Supplements?
House Ad

Dog Channel
Rules-Read First    Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Home » Dog Channel Central » DOG FANCY Extras » Have You Tried Dog Supplements? Join the Club

Have You Tried Dog Supplements? Expand / Collapse
Author

DogChannel.com Moderator

DogChannel.com ModeratorDogChannel.com ModeratorDogChannel.com ModeratorDogChannel.com ModeratorDogChannel.com ModeratorDogChannel.com ModeratorDogChannel.com ModeratorDogChannel.com Moderator

Group: Administrators
Last Login: 5/4/2011 2:09:02 PM
Have you or another dog owner you know tried supplements to boost a pet's health? What was the experience like? Was there a noticeable difference?

The August issue of DOG FANCY's Natural Dog takes a look at canine supplements. Share your thoughts here!

-DogMod

Post #56548
Posted 6/16/2009 4:38:40 PM

Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Group: Forum Member
Last Login: 1/13/2010 11:27:07 AM
we are putting our animals on the * Bach * Remedy series.
You get them in any very good Health Food Store.

Our Dogs are not spoiled,we're just well trained
Post #56558
Posted 6/21/2009 10:49:04 PM

MemberMemberMemberMemberMemberMemberMemberMember

Last Login: 4/15/2010 12:50:17 PM
I have a VERY high manteince rot/retriever mix and i have been tempted to try dog labled supplements however for his size and health concerns i found that human grade/doses worked alot better. It was more cost effective. A bottle of cod liver oil for his skin and fur is around $20 labled for a human that will last him a month or i could pay something of questionable quality and ingredient (a yes i research stuff for him and me to DEATH) for the same price, or more, for half the servings labled for a dog. My suggestion, compare the two bottles and ingredients; if both bottles are the same thing just one is labled 'doggy' and the other not, go for your moneys worth.

And he will wipe out every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore.  The former things have passed away.  Revelation 21:4
Post #56645
Posted 7/25/2009 3:20:51 PM

Junior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior Member

Last Login: 1/7/2010 9:54:40 AM
Well my dog is a Lab so he eats a lot!! The thing is we feed him one food for a while and then he won't eat that so we have to change food over and over again! When he first started doing that we thought he was sick and that scared us!! But we found out that is was just his food that he was getting bored of eating the same food day in and day out! LOL!!! We have tried Benuful which seems to be his favoret on the side of kibbles and bits!!

My dog does well at shows!! He won his first trophy today i was so proud!! I could't belive my ears when i heard i was going to state!
Post #57201
Posted 8/19/2009 12:15:15 AM

Junior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior Member

Last Login: 8/19/2009 12:01:32 AM
Hi, your idea is very interesting , I really like it. Thanks a lot

Hi, your idea is very interesting , I really like it. Thanks a lot

[color=#FFFFFF] - Credit immobilier de France, simulation credit immobilier. Résultat mitigé pour le crédit immobilier de France.[/color]

Post #57861
Posted 8/26/2009 7:27:21 PM

Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Last Login: 5/22/2012 4:24:30 PM
I've used the Bach Flower Essences before. I rescued a rottie years ago and used "Devil Be Gone" on him and had great success!
I've also used Missing Link and Nupro products with success, and since my dogs are large breed, I use alot of supplements for joint and cardiac support on a daily basis.
Post #58095
Posted 8/26/2009 8:02:48 PM

Supreme Being

Last Login: 12/30/2012 12:11:26 PM
Other than "Missing Link", no. And I only use it because the vet recommend it to help Cookie with her weight, but once it's gone I don't think I'll be getting anymore. For a suppliment that's supposed to "bridge the gap because natural and commercial diets", it sure has a lot of unnecessary ingredients. =/

~Tiffany, breeder-in-training
--------------------------------------------------

I'm the God-fearing, gun toting, flag waving conservative that the liberals warned you about.
Truth enlightens the mind, but won't always bring happiness to your heart.

colliequest.deviantart.com
My website is an introduction to the world of responsible dog breeding:
cookiemiller.tripod.com
Post #58096
Posted 8/30/2009 4:15:26 PM

Last Login: 8/30/2009 4:22:08 PM
I am currently giving my dog supplements and I do not see any major changes. As far as her coat it seems to grow quicker & it is alot shinier than before.

Lea
Post #58196
Posted 11/15/2009 11:29:28 AM

Last Login: 2/3/2010 4:54:13 PM

Very true! My vet put my arthritic dog on Glucosamine and chondroitin powder. It was getting expensive to refill every month so I checked onine and they have the people grade powder with the same mg. for much less.

Yes, I've noticed a difference in the way she moves since she's been on it.

**¤•^.,.•¤**¤•.,.•¤**¤•^.**

Patty and Harry

Post #59103
Posted 12/10/2009 2:04:29 PM

Last Login: 12/10/2009 1:54:16 PM
I'm a professional pet sitter and I have several clients with senior dogs that use Glucosamine and Condroitin.  It seems to help with their mobility.

Suzanne
Post #59364
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Reading This Topic Expand / Collapse
Active Users: 1 (1 guest, 0 members, 0 anonymous members)
No members currently viewing this topic.
Forum Moderators: Admin, Suprafa, rainsmom, Janice, dc-moderator, DFKmod, Community Moderator, September Morn, Assistant Moderator

Permissions Expand / Collapse

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 12:57pm