House Ad

Dog Channel
Rules-Read First    Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Home » All About Dogs » Selecting a Breed » "Reindeer" Chihuahua Join the Club

12»»

"Reindeer" Chihuahua Expand / Collapse
Author

Junior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior Member

Group: Forum Member
Last Login: 5/1/2009 5:14:03 AM
I was told my dog Choo was a reindeer but then heard there really is no such thing. I thought maybe he was mixed and I wasn't told, not that it matters to me, I love him. I have seen others that look like him also so just wondering what anyone knows out there? And if you know of breeders of this kind of dog. Thanks so much!

Chickey

Post #55680
Posted 4/30/2009 3:30:09 PM

Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Last Login: 7/19/2012 2:02:19 PM
O ive never heard of such a breed,the person must pf been pulling your leg or something.

Cute chi too!

We still miss you Bandito.Always in our hearts and prayers*****

Simba~*~ white terrier mix

Daisy~*~ shih tzu/miny poodle

Post #55689
Posted 4/30/2009 3:50:35 PM

Forum Guru

Forum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum Guru

Last Login: 5/23/2010 5:28:31 PM
Hmmmm never heard of a reindeer chihuahua before!The person was probably just teasing

I will stumble I will fall down but I will not be moved I will make mistakes I will face heartaches but I will not be moved on christ the solid rock I stand all other ground is sinking sand I will not be moved.
~Natalie Grant's song "I will not be moved"~

"Yesterday was history tomorrow's a mystery but today is a gift that's why we call it present"
~Kung Fu Panda~
Post #55691
Posted 5/8/2009 12:13:16 PM

Senior MemberSenior MemberSenior MemberSenior MemberSenior MemberSenior MemberSenior MemberSenior Member

Last Login: 6/29/2010 9:39:46 AM
puppychic120 (4/30/2009)
Hmmmm never heard of a reindeer chihuahua before!The person was probably just teasing
I agree, I've never heard of such a thing.

DoggieVogue.com Fashionable Dog Clothing & Accessories Dog Clothes | Dog Collars | Dog Toys
Post #55891
Posted 5/8/2009 10:08:12 PM

Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Last Login: 12/30/2012 12:11:26 PM
According to what some Chihuahua owners on Dogster have said, "reindeer" describes the shape of a Chi's head.

~Tiffany, breeder-in-training
--------------------------------------------------

I'm the God-fearing, gun toting, flag waving conservative that the liberals warned you about.
Truth enlightens the mind, but won't always bring happiness to your heart.

colliequest.deviantart.com
My website is an introduction to the world of responsible dog breeding:
cookiemiller.tripod.com
Post #55900
Posted 5/18/2009 12:41:02 PM

Senior MemberSenior MemberSenior MemberSenior MemberSenior MemberSenior MemberSenior MemberSenior Member

Collie/GSD/Sheltie/Corgi/Russell_luvr (5/8/2009)
According to what some Chihuahua owners on Dogster have said, "reindeer" describes the shape of a Chi's head.
Oh, like "apple head" chihuahuas? Well what shape is reindeer?

DoggieVogue.com Fashionable Dog Clothing & Accessories Dog Clothes | Dog Collars | Dog Toys
Post #56020
Posted 5/18/2009 7:07:33 PM

Supreme Being

Last Login: 12/30/2012 12:11:26 PM
DoggieVogue (5/18/2009)
Collie/GSD/Sheltie/Corgi/Russell_luvr (5/8/2009)
Oh, like "apple head" chihuahuas? Well what shape is reindeer?

I didn't know the answer, so I looked it up and here's what I came up with:
[quote]Chiahuahuah-land.com
A deer chihuahua has a sloped forehead... not an "apple-dome", a 90 degree angle off the bridge of the nose... a deer chihuahua may also have deer-like slender, delicate paws... making them look like little deer. I've only seen it in smoothcoats, but I suppose there's no reason it couldn't occur in longcoats.
Some folks prefer this look, although it does not represent the "Chihuahua Standard". [/quote]

~Tiffany, breeder-in-training
--------------------------------------------------

I'm the God-fearing, gun toting, flag waving conservative that the liberals warned you about.
Truth enlightens the mind, but won't always bring happiness to your heart.

colliequest.deviantart.com
My website is an introduction to the world of responsible dog breeding:
cookiemiller.tripod.com
Post #56031
Posted 5/19/2009 8:16:44 AM

[quote]Chiahuahuah-land.comA deer chihuahua has a sloped forehead... not an "apple-dome", a 90 degree angle off the bridge of the nose... a deer chihuahua may also have deer-like slender, delicate paws... making them look like little deer. I've only seen it in smoothcoats, but I suppose there's no reason it couldn't occur in longcoats.
Some folks prefer this look, although it does not represent the "Chihuahua Standard".

oh, okay! Thanks.

Post #56033
Posted 6/17/2009 8:07:16 PM

Junior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior Member

Last Login: 10/16/2009 7:24:15 PM
My chihuahua is pure bred. (My aunt bred her). She looks like one of the so called deer-headed chis. She also got way bigger than a chi is supposed to be. (12 pounds). People don't believe me when I say that she's all chihuahua. One of her brothers looks like the typical chihuahua and the other one looks like her. I think they're all adorable!
Post #56596
Posted 6/23/2009 3:06:33 PM

Last Login: 7/23/2009 12:33:00 PM
I'm guessing it's the shape of her head because my dog is called an 'apple head chihuahua'.

*Proud owner of a Chihuahua*
Post #56671
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

12»»

Reading This Topic Expand / Collapse
Active Users: 1 (1 guest, 0 members, 0 anonymous members)
No members currently viewing this topic.
Forum Moderators: Admin, Suprafa, rainsmom, dc-moderator, DFKmod, Community Moderator, Assistant Moderator

Permissions Expand / Collapse

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 2:43am