Dog Channel Logo

Profile Picture

Elevated Alkaline Phosphatase

Posted By JustforBailey 5 Years Ago
Author
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (7 reputation)Junior Member (7 reputation)Junior Member (7 reputation)Junior Member (7 reputation)Junior Member (7 reputation)Junior Member (7 reputation)Junior Member (7 reputation)Junior Member (7 reputation)Junior Member (7 reputation)

Group: Forum Member
Last Active: 5 Years Ago
First of all, thank you for taking the time in reading my post. I have a 3 yr old Retriever/Shepard Mix that weighs about 62 lbs. Recently, I took her to the vet for blood chemistry screening prior to dental cleaning. (I also had a urinalysis done due to frequent concentrated urine) When the report came back, the urinalysis was normal and everything on the blood work showed up fine except for the Alkaline Phosphatase. I have heard of dogs ALKP being elevated slightly above what is normal. (I heard normal was around 100 for her size). The lab results came back with her ALKP at "2500". I hope this is making sense. Beside my dog's concentrated urine, everything seems to be fine. She is very active (runs around with the horses when I take her to the barn), has a good appetite (she is at the perfect weight for her). Drinks plenty of water and urinates when she needs to ( never seems to urinate too often). The vet wants to recheck her bloodwork in a month which I agreed to, yet I am still worried with what I have learned is associated with elevated ALKP. What I am searching for I guess, is just more advice. I have heard is that when Alkaline Phosphatase increases in the blood, the most common outcomes are liver or bone disease, and Cushing's disease. Yet, my dog doesn't seem to share any symptoms.