Dog Channel Logo

Profile Picture

I NEED INFO ON CHIHUAHUA RESCUE GROUPS

Posted By caninejan 6 Years Ago
Author
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supreme Being

Supreme Being (3,633 reputation)Supreme Being (3,633 reputation)Supreme Being (3,633 reputation)Supreme Being (3,633 reputation)Supreme Being (3,633 reputation)Supreme Being (3,633 reputation)Supreme Being (3,633 reputation)Supreme Being (3,633 reputation)Supreme Being (3,633 reputation)

Group: Forum Member
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
My aunt, who is in her early eighties, needs to find a home for 2 long-haired chihuahuas. My cousin had bought them and then abandoned them with my aunt. She's recovering from a heart attack right now, and thinks she may have to give them up. I think a rescue group would be the best bet for these dogs, but I'm having trouble finding anything. My aunt lives in Western Pennsylvania, specifically, Westmoreland county. Can anyone help me contact a rescue or no-kill shelter in her area?? Thanks.

SmileBigGrinBigGrinSmile

2BrownDogs
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supreme Being

Supreme Being (4,247 reputation)Supreme Being (4,247 reputation)Supreme Being (4,247 reputation)Supreme Being (4,247 reputation)Supreme Being (4,247 reputation)Supreme Being (4,247 reputation)Supreme Being (4,247 reputation)Supreme Being (4,247 reputation)Supreme Being (4,247 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
The best place to start when trying to rehome purebred dogs would probably the nation breed club. Often they may have local contacts in your area or may be able to arrange transport. Following is the link to the Chihuahua Club of America's rescue page:

chihuahuaclubofamerica.com/rescue.htm

Also found this rescue organization located in western Pennsylvania:

animalrescue.org/

Good luck to your aunt. I'm sure her Chis will find great homes!

caninejan
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supreme Being

Supreme Being (3,633 reputation)Supreme Being (3,633 reputation)Supreme Being (3,633 reputation)Supreme Being (3,633 reputation)Supreme Being (3,633 reputation)Supreme Being (3,633 reputation)Supreme Being (3,633 reputation)Supreme Being (3,633 reputation)Supreme Being (3,633 reputation)

Thanks so much for the info!!!! Yes, I'm sure they'll get homes. They're so darned cute!                        SmileBigGrinBigGrinSmile

Angela15317
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (13 reputation)Junior Member (13 reputation)Junior Member (13 reputation)Junior Member (13 reputation)Junior Member (13 reputation)Junior Member (13 reputation)Junior Member (13 reputation)Junior Member (13 reputation)Junior Member (13 reputation)

Last Active: 6 Years Ago
Hello, Caninejane.

I just found your request for information on the forum. I am currently looking to adopt a chihuahua or a bonded pair. We dog sit for a friend's chi when she's out of town and we fell in love with the breed. I live in Washington County and my parents live in Westmoreland county, specifically, in Scottdale.

If they are still available, please feel free to contact me.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Angela15317

Angela

slkloda
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (11 reputation)Junior Member (11 reputation)Junior Member (11 reputation)Junior Member (11 reputation)Junior Member (11 reputation)Junior Member (11 reputation)Junior Member (11 reputation)Junior Member (11 reputation)Junior Member (11 reputation)

Last Active: 6 Years Ago
I hate when people(the one's that origingally got them) are in love with the "novelty" of having something, but when the reality of "having them" is not tolerable, they "pawn/pass off" them to someone else.   I hope that things work out.  I absolutely "adore" my little baby.  She's a whole 3.5 pounds of unconditional love that I would not give up for anything in the world!  

caninejan
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supreme Being

After going back and forth with my aunt for a very long time, she has decided to keep them both. She said she'd be lost without them.

Thanks for your time, everyone!

Community Moderator
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Community Moderator

Community Moderator (2,450 reputation)Community Moderator (2,450 reputation)Community Moderator (2,450 reputation)Community Moderator (2,450 reputation)Community Moderator (2,450 reputation)Community Moderator (2,450 reputation)Community Moderator (2,450 reputation)Community Moderator (2,450 reputation)Community Moderator (2,450 reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 5 Months Ago
DogChannel has a resource center to find shelters in your area, powered by Pets911.

Here is the link: http://www.dogchannel.com/dog-community/dog-resource-center/shelters.aspx

Good Luck finding one in your area!

FeathersNFuz

DC Community Moderator

Are you on Facebook? DogChannel is! Become a fan and get monthly updates about what’s new on the website. Be a Fan at Facebook.com/DogChannel

caninejan
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supreme Being

Thanks! I've written it down in my notebook for future reference.