Rules-Read First    Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Home » Dog Memorial » Pet Loss Support » Gave my puppy away Join the Club

Gave my puppy away Expand / Collapse
Author

MemberMemberMemberMemberMemberMemberMemberMember

Group: Forum Member
Last Login: 7/22/2009 10:16:16 AM
I had a 1 1/2 old puppy that I kept til he was 3 1/2 months! His name was Buddy and I didn't want 2 give him away! My mom made me! I know I'll never see him again but I can't get over it! Every day I think about him and how different my life would be if I still had him! I cry occasionally but I just can't help myself! I miss him so much! I see pictures of him and I have so many memories of when he was with me! I feel like my heart has been ripped out and shredded 2 peices!

Samantha ,RIP Angel Sandy
Post #32081
Posted 8/7/2007 6:05:01 PM

Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Last Login: 1/13/2010 11:27:07 AM
Ok, see , that makes me sad and angry.
At 3,5 month??
You get a puppy from a Breeder at 3 month.

What happend??
A Puppy does not know how to act on his own, he needs his human companion to tell him what he can and can not do.
A Dog is work just like a child.
YOu can not expect a dog to be potty-trained in 1 Day.
It can take weeks, sometimes month, depends on how much efford the human puts into it.

how educated were you all, before the dog came into your lives???

Our Dogs are not spoiled,we're just well trained
Post #32085
Posted 8/7/2007 6:44:48 PM

I had never had a puppy or dog 4 that matter but my mom did! She had a cocker spanial a long time a go! When I got Sammy I got his brother Buddy so we got him at the same time! I never knew how hard it was 2 train a labrador retriever or 2 4 that matter! My mom just couldn't handle both of those puppy's so she gave mine away and Sammy became mine and my sisters! No matter how much I cried she still gave Buddy away!

Post #32088
Posted 8/7/2007 9:05:14 PM

Last Login: 1/31/2011 6:49:59 PM
IloveSammy (8/7/2007)
I had a 11/2 old puppy that I kept til he was 3 1/2 months! His name was Buddy and I didn't want 2 give him away! My mom made me! I know I'll never see him again but I can't get over it! Every day I think about him and how different my life would be if I still had him! I cry occasionally but I just can't help myself! I miss him so much! I see pictures of him and I have so many memories of when he was with me! I feel like my heart has been ripped out and shredded 2 peices!

Samatha, not all parents are right all the time, I feel for you. We don’t live in a fair world.

I’ll never forget my very 1st dog. She was a mutt and my best friend. We slept together, fleas and all. She’d follow me to school, followed me on my paper route. I’ve had several dogs since and each one of my dogs are unique and I love them all.

You don’t say exactly why your mom made you get rid of your dog. Did he/she do something wrong. Whose responsibility was it to take care of the dog – was it yours and were you living up to the agreement? - You’ve had the dog for 2 years so it just doesn’t make sense to me. A dog is a living thing, not a piece of property, it’s to be loved and taken care of

Richard
Post #32089
Posted 8/8/2007 4:34:45 AM

Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Last Login: 1/13/2010 11:27:07 AM
This the thing, that gets my blood boiling.
People get a breed, and expect the dog to automaticly behave.
Why is it so hard for people to do there homwork ahead of time , so they know what to expect?
you don't just get a dog because he is cute .

A Retriever is a hunting dog, he needs to be challenged.
There not just a dog that sleep all day and a dog regardless of breed are not just happy for a quick Pee-pee break in the yard.

Gesh, and then people wonder when the shelters are overflowing with unwanted dogs, because the owners are impulese shoppers and do not inform themselfs before they bring the poor thing into there home.

Our Dogs are not spoiled,we're just well trained
Post #32092
Posted 8/8/2007 6:36:14 AM

Forum Guru

Forum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum Guru

Last Login: 2/6/2009 5:58:22 AM
Samantha,   how old are you? You said that you never had a puppy or dog before, but that your mom had. Do you have a fenced in yard? Two puppies in a house IS a lot of work. A puppy can be very rowdy, they have a lot of energy, and two playing need lots of room. I guess your mom wasn't remembering that!         Just think about your puppy having lots of room to play and that whoever has him now has lots of time to spend with him. Please spend lots of time with the puppy that's still with you. He's going to be missing his brother, maybe even more than you are! Don't let him get lonely, ok??

may your dog days be your best days

Post #32094
Posted 4/17/2008 4:22:45 PM

I'm 13 years old.I do have a fenced in yard.

Post #41467
Posted 5/30/2008 10:22:56 AM

Last Login: 6/15/2008 1:53:25 PM
I don't understand why your mom would just make you give up your own dog against your will. That upsets me. Since what's done is done and we can't undo what done I think that you should gather all the pics that you've taken of him and make a scrapbook. I did this when I lost my dog Mac and whenever I look at the scrapbook I made for him I cry, but I think of the good life I gave him and think of all the fun memories we had. Is there any way you can visit your dog? If so, do it! Spend the day with him and take him for a walk. Ask the new owners of your dog if you can petsit him when their away or just find many ways to spend time with your dog. Make the most of the situation.

Macy Pimm
Post #43277
Posted 12/6/2009 3:01:37 PM

Forum Guru

Forum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum Guru

Last Login: 2/11/2010 6:56:24 PM
[quote]dobermom (8/8/2007)
This the thing, that gets my blood boiling.
People get a breed, and expect the dog to automaticly behave.
Why is it so hard for people to do there homwork ahead of time , so they know what to expect?
you don't just get a dog because he is cute .

A Retriever is a hunting dog, he needs to be challenged.
There not just a dog that sleep all day and a dog regardless of breed are not just happy for a quick Pee-pee break in the yard.

Gesh, and then people wonder when the shelters are overflowing with unwanted dogs, because the owners are impulese shoppers and do not inform themselfs before they bring the poor thing into there home.[/quote]

I get what your saying dobermom. And it probably wasnt a good idea to get TWO puppies at once. Thats too much going on at once. Im sorry about your dog but think about it, if you wouldnt have gotten two puppies you wouldnt be having this problem. And for your mother having 2 puppies and kids to take care of is alot of work.
Good luck

*~*Ralpho dog*~*

Vote for Ralpho http://www.dogchannel.com/blog/viewbio.aspx?apid=136487&entitycrt=1

Post #59295
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Reading This Topic Expand / Collapse
Active Users: 1 (1 guest, 0 members, 0 anonymous members)
No members currently viewing this topic.
Forum Moderators: Admin, Suprafa, rainsmom, dc-moderator, DFKmod, Community Moderator, Assistant Moderator

Permissions Expand / Collapse

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 2:41am